Our main purpose is the preservation of the biotic diversity of the Coastal Plain of the southeastern United States. We believe this mission can best be achieved through two activities: disseminating knowledge and understanding of natural history, ecology, and environments of the Coastal Plain and increasing new knowledge through scientific studies.
You can support our mission by becoming a member. We do not receive annual salaries, we have no rent/mortgage, and have very little other costs, so you can rest assure that your tax-deductible donations go directly to action!
Membership has its Benefits!
- Species perstriatus ($25 Level): a CPI sticker, advance invitations to field trips and classes, and an Annual Year in Review report.
- Genus Notophthalmus ($50 Level): all of the above plus a pack of note cards featuring stunning photography from around the Coastal Plain
- Family Salamandridae ($100 Level): all of the above plus daytime access to our 80-acre Rowlett’s Creek Preserve
- Order Caudata ($250 Level): all of the above plus an invitation to a striped newt release in the Apalachicola National Forest
- Class Amphibia ($500 Level): all of the above plus a two-hour natural history tour of the Wakulla River for up to 4 guests
- Phylum Chordata ($1000+ Level): all of the above plus a personal tour of our Rowlett’s Creek Preserve for up to 6 guests
Donate with every Amazon.com purchase. Click below and choose Coastal Plains Institute, Inc.:
Alternatively, you can mail a check to the below address. Please make checks payable to Coastal Plains Institute.
Coastal Plains Institute
46 Kinsey Road
Crawfordville, FL 32327
Coastal Plains Institute, Inc. is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Internal Revenue Service regulations require we inform you that your donation is eligible to be claimed as a charitable contribution to the extent permitted by law. Tax identification number: 59-2531039.